Wednesday, February 9, 2011

3rd Time's A Charm. Probably Not.


Lets be perfectly honest, most of these posts are going to be about myself.  With that said, I am perfectly fine with poking fun at myself knowing in my heart that I have a very forgetful memory with thing that are less important such as; checking my facebook every five mins, letting Cooper outside and watching Swift Justice with Nancy Grace.  On the top of my list of things that I like to forget is taking the trash cans out on pick up day.   Most of you know that I recently became a homeowner last July and since then I have had to try and train my brain into remembering what night to put the trash out by the curb.  I have to much sucess FAILED at this task.  In my defense (which is total BS) I have been a renter since I was 19years old and have been able to collect my trash around the apartment and conviently place it into the dumpster at my own convience.  I say my defense is total BS because on most occasions I would just let the trash overflow until my roommate either took it out for me or I did it myself.  As you read this now, I have TWO weeks worth of trash packed tightly into two rather pissed off trash cans at the moment and trash pick up is now anothe week away.  Is there a cure for remembering such a task? Probably not.  Oh well,  I'll think of a plan of action after Swift Justice.

Thanks,

Love Scooter!

8 comments:

  1. Sure buddy, what pieces of technology (iphone, droid, ipad, email program) do you use? Set a reminder the night before on one OR hell ALL Of them and set it weekly and at least 30-45 minutes before your tv show comes on so you can train yourself to put the trash out before your shows or before you go to bed. It might work or it might prove there's no hope for you and you'll end up on hoarders sometime down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horders? I LOVE that show. I would hire someone to do it for me if my house ever got that messy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better I have lived in my house for 8 years and still have trouble remembering to take out the trash! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turn all of your trash into recycled art work, and display it around your back yard. The neighbors AND the environment will love you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this same problem,except with my recyclables. This is a huge issue because I only remember every three weeks or so. Let's say you drink 2 bottles of wine each week. That's just one glass per night. But if you forget to put out your recyclables for three weeks, it appears as if you have gone through 6 bottles of wine in a week. Long story short? I'm surprised my recycle man hasn't left AA flyers inside my empty recycle bin.

    P.S. Swift Justice is FASCINATING. Not because Nancy Grace has anything good to say- only because WHO THE CRAP WOULD AGREE TO LETTING NANCY GRACE DECIDE YOUR FATE???

    ReplyDelete